Monday, July 19, 2010

The meaning of me...in humor...

With the 115 degree heat & mighty long days of late, I've found myself cooling off in the glorious solitude of a cool cucumber or lemon bath lately most evenings I get home. I light candle throw many slices into a tub of tepid water & relax.
Birth date 44 is upon the horizon & as usual I get a bit philosophical each time another candle approaches. I mean another year of life & am I any closer to the real me???
We all do wonder, gazing into the mirror, questioning ourselves & if who we are is who we really are. We've all played shapes to fit the nooks & crannies we live in knowing fully well its not our natural place...okay, okay I'm getting a bit to Personal Growth section at Borders but really its true.
me being me in 2006

The one thing I know is screw it, being yourself is happiest. So I'm here to proudly tell you.

I'll never be a glamour queen....
...have a tiny waist...
...wear heels just to look good when flats are needed....
....wear bright lipstick....

...smoke.....
...wear anything but a suit & sunscreen to the beach... ...ignore dessert...ever!!!!!
...dress cute when jeans & no makeup works best...
...be delicately coy, heck any coy for that matter... ...or the suit type...

...or the fur type......go to bed in makeup... ...or wake up looking like a vision of loveliness...


Nope. None of that is me & is great!!! I've tried them all, yup even the cigarettes for like 10 minutes 23 years ago & to that & all the other times I tried not to be the chatty, silly, eats on dates, speaks my mind times...well it all leaves a horrible taste in my mouth & self.


So for now I leave you with my 2 favorite quotes courtesy of Quoteable Cards

Have a glorious week being you!!!
Now back to our regular posting.....
Images courtesy of Quotable Cards & My Vintage Vogue

8 comments:

Alicia B. Designs said...

Adorable post! That's all anyone wants is you to be YOU.

xoxo
Alicia

Pretty Zesty said...

Those baths you take are GENIUS!!!

Lisa Porter said...

You being You is delightful & delovely! Just keep on keeping on & that's not Japanese or whatever they are saying in the posts before me?!?
Remember, 40 is fabulous, all your 40's, not just the first one...
xo

Francine Gardner said...

That is exactly my philosophy...no one can feel what is you, so you need to be true to yourself....i always take a deep breath and enjoy being me...

a whole lotta love said...

i love it! the best thing in the world is to know who you are. trying to be who you're not is the worst... and too many people spend their whole lives doing this. becoming the best version of 'you' is what gives great joy and the best challenge life can offer. great post :)

mimi charmante said...

alright missy - where are you??? somehow you have disappeared and haven't returned. i miss you!!!
much love,
xx
kimberlytaylorimages.com

Celine Henke said...

I love the Vintage photos! so classy

Karena said...

Alicia such wonderful thoughts and images. I just love your site!


Come and enter my luscious giveaway for bath & body!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena