Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beautiful Little Girl Words

After reading Michelle at Vintage Grace wondrous quote of the week from her lovely Lily, I'm reminded of my favorite Hailey quote. Hailey is my beloved goddaughter, now almost 8. Our bond is beyond what some would define...I love her fiercely.

I have always been amazed at how lightweight & airy little ones think & yet their words are so grounding.

Just before her 5th birthday we were hanging out on my squishy bed & she looked to the ceiling threw herself back , smiled & said...

" I love God because he gave me you!!!!"

Perfection.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet! And that picture is gorgeous!

Katie said...

I have always loved the pictures you took of her that day! Aren't you glad you got that pillow with that quote on it?

vicki archer said...

Alicia, She is adorable and utterly divine, xv.

Petunia said...

What a sweet and beautiful girl she is--inside and out!!!