Sunday, April 11, 2010

Missing: Lazy Sundays?????

As the years have progress I've become highly aware of what defines progress (aah the irony of such as word) & frankly what has happened to Sundays??
Target is packed, Home Depot forget about it...retail is a buzz. Now don"t get me wrong. I'm not advocating everyone get their rears to pews, religion is a highly personal choice & organized religion even more so, but lazy Sundays, those I'm wondering where they went.
Reading, crossword puzzles, family dinners: just being together at home, even if doing things separately seem to becoming just as extinct as the family dinner. Don't get me started on that, I mean we now have to have PSA to remind to spend time together....horrible.
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to family & its a damn shame that I'm described as one...traditionalist that is. Its not contemporary??? Okay, okay I'm off topic...

So my challenge for a Sunday or two...turn off the electronics, put away the car keys & just enjoy a Sunday slowly.
By the way..I wrote this on Saturday...I'm on the sofa with the NYT puzzle feeling rather ignorant but challenged & my family is laughing at the woman I am swearing at a folded up newspaper....

Sweet Sundays & all the other that follow.

13 comments:

Dustjacket Attic said...

I think that is a great idea...we do all need to slow down and just spend time with each other...

xxx
ps love your pic's

Kristin said...

I agree so much with you!!! It sure is so important to have time to sit down with family and sometimes leave the electronic world out! I love calm Sundays! Hope you had one!

xo's Kristin

Kellie Collis said...

Hmmm me too. Sometimes they are just too busy for my liking xxx

maureen @ The Inglenook Decor said...

gorgeous images! the problem is I'm lazy everyday except on Sundays! :)

Alicia B. Designs said...

aahhh so true. Any day off is a time to run around like a crazy person. It's time we got back to the term "lazy sunday". I never had dinner without my family growing up though. JUST for the record. Have a great week!
xoxo
Alicia B.

kate said...

Wonderful post, and love your photos!!! Best to you and quiet Sundays
Kate

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Alicia
Well everyday is sunday right now.. but I know for the previous 2 years I think I worked most Sundays.. too sad... love all of these beautiful spring images.. xx Julie

Pink Martini said...

A lovely post as always. Just wanted to say thank you for the restaurant recommendations for Boston. I've had fun looking up everyone. I appreciate the time you took to comment. :) xoxo

its simple love said...

You wont see me out and about on Sundays. That is my relax and recoup day. Oh how I love it. I love your blog, especially the name. Very witty. New follower!

Rachael

p.s. I am doing a giveaway on my blog for some argentine shoes! check it out if you'd like :)

trishie said...

I'm all for lazy sundays! Chilling out with family is possibly the best way to spend the weekend.

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Saw your profile on another page. Glad I read your well-written and informative blog. Look forward to following you here. Cheers!

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oh, I agree! So often I have to use Sundays for catching up from the rest of the week, and it's a shame! Thanks for the good ideas and inspiration to slow down. Love your blog, I'm a new follower!

Rose said...

I love your Blog.....feels so comfortable and relaxing and so much useful information.

Hugs, Rose